In my opinion, there are three factors to consider when investing in a photographer:
- Do you like his or her photographic style? Can you imagine their photographs on your wall?
- Do you have a good working relationship with them? Can you laugh with them (or at least at them)?
It is all too easy to consider price first, but if you don’t like the images they produce and have clashing personalities, you’ll wish you had spent five times as much on a different photographer.
With that in mind, why should you invest in GMB Photography?
First, I invite you to check our portfolio. If you like what you see, that’s good! I would be happy to meet with you to allow you to view samples in person. Which leads to my next point: We need to talk! Whether it’s in person, on the phone, or by email, it is important to start building a relationship with your photographer to make sure you get along well. I feel my most powerful images didn’t come from the most expensive venues or lavish weddings, but from those weddings and sessions where I had the best relationship with my clients. When we saw eye-to-eye and knew what to expect of each other, truly beautiful portraits were created.
With those two points in mind, we can look at price (all prices are in Canadian dollars):
- Creative portrait sessions:
- Our creative sessions begin at $200, which includes time and talent (up to 1.5 hours) and a private (but sharable) online gallery of your proofs.
- We come to you at a location of your choosing: either your home or a suitable outdoor location.
- GMB Photography offers 8×10 custom gift prints starting at $40 and portrait collections beginning at $500. Our average client invests $800 in their custom photography. There is a minimum order requirement of $400 for all sessions.
- Prints can be ordered in portrait collections or a la carte (i.e., singles).
- Images from creative portrait sessions are available for digital purchase (i.e., CD/DVD).
- We offer a wide variety of specialty products, including fine art prints, canvases, portrait books, wall collages, and more!
- Our wedding collections begin at $2500. All wedding collections include an engagement session and a private (but sharable) online gallery of your proofs. Additional pricing information is available upon request.
- Some of our wedding collections include a DVD of images and an album at a significant savings versus buying these items separately.
- Prints can be ordered in wedding packages or a la carte (i.e., singles).
- Wedding images are available for digital purchase (i.e., CD/DVD).
- We offer custom handcrafted wedding albums from the premier album companies in the world. There’s nothing better than a beautiful wedding album as the first heirloom for your new family. Think of your wedding album as an investment in “you” — something to show your kids, grandkids, nieces, and nephews for decades. In addition, duplicate albums are available at a remarkable savings (great for parents, grandparents, carrying in a purse, etc.).
- On average, our clients tend to budget an additional $1500-2500 for our professional wedding products (fine art prints, canvases, wedding albums, etc.). This is only an average; you are welcome to spend more or less than this.
I would love to hear from you to discuss your wedding or creative portrait session in greater detail. You can send me a message via the contact form, email me at email@example.com, or reach me by phone at 403-816-9506.
We’re not right for everyone, but we’re right for someone. I’d love to find out if it’s you.